Monday, April 03, 2006

Driving to ruleville from New orleans

Ok so no one likes guns and shooting. Whenever we headed north we always fought over who would sit where in the car. I always got the floor boards. That way I could read better. We would go across the lake and as we passed through a town called bugaloosa. It stank and you could not get away from the smell. It was a paper mill in the town and it smelled really bad. Then a lot of times we would stop at the place where they did cane syrup to get a can of it. I remember the mule going around in circles to crush the sugar cane. Then as we got near Ruleville we would all sit up to see who could see the 2 tanks first.
My sisters claim I saw these always first. That was the sign that we would be at granny's soon.

Manager 1: Don't know about you but I hate long distance trips - not as much now as I did when our children were younger. I am sure that the boys and I never did the "He's on my side" or the "he's looking out my window" or just the "he looked at me".
My kids had to have been the worst travellers! Once their Dad had had just about all of it - and stopped the van (we were about 500 yards from our house), told the two youngest to get out. They must have thought that he was really going to fuss or maybe beat them? But when they got out he closed the door and started driving away! They both started beating on the side of the van and begging to be let back in! Bobby stopped and let them in. That was the most pleasant drive ever!!! They did not say one word all the way to Sunflower!


We really thought that he was going to leave us!!! And if he wouldn't have been looking at me, I would not have had to tell on him!!!
~elise

No comments: