Saturday, April 08, 2006

Uncle Charles auto repair place

Ok I remember going with Dad to Uncle Charles auto shop. He had to work on the ski boat engine because it was not running right.
He set it up in a big drum and then started it after tinkering with it.

I also remember Uncle Charles car it had emergency lights I think in the hood area and also a siren. WE were told to never set of the siren
in the car but I think we did one time. He also had an emergency radio in his bedroom to listen to fire calls so he could go on calls.

This might be why I became emergency response manager in my town because I had it in my blood.

Scarlett: We also went there one year to do the pinata at Christmas. It was too cold to try it outside and we couldn't figure out how to hang it under Uncle Jack's garage. No one in Cleveland had a tree big enough to throw it across a branch anyway. And I think he was always tinkering with the boat motor. Thank goodnes he could or we wouldn't have all those wonderful memories about skiing at Beulah.

2 comments:

Camellia said...

And do you know the name of Uncle Charles auto repair place? And why?

Anonymous said...

I KNOW I KNOW --- Do I get a prise?

It was called "Givens Auto Shop"
because Uncle Charles bought it from Mr. Givens