Saturday, April 01, 2006

More Guns and Family

These are the stories I have heard. I may have who said what mixed up. I heard the Vowells and the Bennets, seven siblings who each married a sibling from the other family) had family reunions in the hills until some lot of them got into a fight about who was going to direct the reunion and they burned down the community house.

Once Marvin and his brother Blannon were driving through the hills when a hillbilly, a wild man in coveralls, tore through the underbrush, waving a gun. Marvin gunned the accelerator. "Stop," Blannon yelled, "it's our double first cousin. We're kin." "I don't care who he's kin to," Marvin said, "I'm getting out of here. "

I heard later this particular double-first was jailed some time after for moonshining.

No comments: