Tuesday, April 04, 2006

In the counrty again

Gary took me out into the country one time to buy fireworks.
We pulled up to this really country looking place. I had a new jacket on that I had just gotten.
Well I got out of the car with Gary and started walking around the car and this big old junk yard dog started running
up barking its head off. Well i guess I looked like the easier target so it jumped up and chomped on my arm in the coat.
No damage to the arm but the coat had a good rip in it. We got our fireworks and got out of there.
I think we also got a red soda also

Camellia says: Where was this place? We used to get our fireworks in our stockings until we started buying them out of tents between Ruleville and Cleveland, but that was much later. By the way, Good Ed, I was not tired of the hunting stories, but I had already told mine of the one time I went with you guys...but surely you would have had more hunting stories if you had gone duck hunting on the Mississippi with Uncle Jack. *******

2 comments:

Foxy G-Maw said...

Jack told me he took Charles and Eddie duck hunting on the Mississippi River. It was sooo cold (best huck hunting weather) They were going to a sand bar on the Arkansas side but had to go through some small green willows trees to get to the sand bar. They made it fine going but coming back they ran upon some willows that did not want to bend so they could get the boat over them. They ran up on top of the willows and thought the boat was going to take on water. The front where Eddie was (Jack driving, Charles in middle)went up in the air leaving the back ready to fill up but they made it back alright. Did not kill a duck !!Don't think Eddie ever went again. Jack said Eddie was a good shot, did not get scared and was a good sport. You all know Charles was such a good sport, he went to South Dakota hunting with Jack several times

Camellia said...

I thought one time some rescue was involved...like they got stuck on the other side of the river, and we all waited at your house for them to be found?