Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Port Sulpher

I don't know how long we lived in Port Sulpher...Lori came to see us once. I had great fun letting her drive stick around the townsite, and taking her ice skating. She was embarrassed to try...I told her nobody from home would know if she fell down. Apparantly she wasn't as used to looking foolish as I was. She also got tonsillitus...something the Vowells girls were famous for.

The day we were moving from Port Sulpher, I went into a local restaurant to get a paper. There was my cousin Marvin. He had been living there for six months. This, folks, is a town of 3,000 people, one grocery store, no fast food, one road going through it and no stop light. And I hadn't run into him or Honey in six months. I guess it was the no stop light. Nobody slowed down enough to be spotted.

P.S. Marvin knew I was there. I didn't know he was.

No comments: