Friday, April 21, 2006

A Fun Time

I have to add my two bits. I had a wonderful time at the reunion. I know Tristan did. All the dirt proves that. Everybody who worked so hard to make everything come together deserves kudos. And, Donna, you might have to freeze your bunnies (so they won't melt yet) and think of something to use them for at the next reunion. As Mary said, sharing memories is more fun than keeping them to yourself.

I missed being able to stay up talking. But when you volunteer to keep up with a 3-year old, you generally go to bed shortly after they do. I hope I can help create some memories for him. Maybe next time I can stay up a little longer.

Aunt Donna says: I don't know what Tristan will remember, but I will always remember him running out of the lodge, hitting the sidewalk headed for the green space between the two buildings. He knotted his hands into fists, pumped the air with them, and squealed with pure happiness, like he couldn't believe life could be this good. Watching the kids play with kinfolks they couldn't possibly know, where everyone had a friendly hand to reach out for them, or a ready smile, reminded me of all those times we had when we were growing up...a passel of kids and loads of adults who loved them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so, hey, I will share, but maybe not those bunnies. I'm eating the rabbits. Sunny the squirrel bit the dust today. Yum. Thanks, JEAN.