Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Forkin an or Rollin Yards

I am going to keep trying to get some younger memories on here!! I remember when Donna came over and "forked" our yard in Schlater, it was the neatest thing that has ever happened to us!! Quite festive if I do say so myself.

We also used to all load up to go to Ruleville to roll Aunt Nita's, Jean's, and Mary's yard, I don't guess anyone ever got mad, and if we got caught, it made it all the more people that helped on the next house!!!!

LET'S HEAR IT FOR ELISE, VOWELL VOICES YOUNGEST BLOGGER! Hey, honey, enjoy the 'youngest' distinction as long as you can.

From Camellia: Did you hear us? We had Elizabeth and someone else to help us fork your yard. I thought it was charming myself, but you know Uncle Kent hated forkin and rollin. One Halloween I went out front and found about five hot and mussed boys sitting on my step. "Y'all want some candy?" I asked. It was an effort, but they took some. "You want us to roll your yard, Aint Camellia?" the one my friend Miss Fran calls Dennis the Menace (because he's soooo cute) said. "You know how Uncle Kent hates that," I said, "why don't you roll your own yard." "We already did that," he said. (this cutie's initials are M.R., and he's still a cutie. It maybe hard for you to pick out who he is because there are more than one really cute M.R.s)

And one year, I remember Aunt Immy gave many many people a roll of toilet paper for Christmas. I didn't get one, which makes me think I missed out on some fun.

Manager 1 :
The only thing I can say is: Camellia - we owe you, we are just waiting until the right time!

1 comment:

Camellia said...

Now about that last reunion, and you and Elizabeth rode together, and there was that long stretch of road where there were few cars and no service stations, and there was this pull-off area, and the two damsels debarked the car, and who was in the car just behind them?