Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Vowell Voices

Vowell Voices

It was a hot summer day, the kids were in the pool at Grandma's house, splashing and hooting and hollaring. I was watching them from a lounge chair. Everyone else was inside. Next thing you know I was hollaring for Paul to come get the SNAKE that had me trapped in the chair! AAAAHHHHHH!!! But the true hero of the day was "SUPER SUE" (A.K.A. "The Favorite Aunt") who swooped in with a long handled weapon and whacked and whacked and whacked and whacked that snake till it couldn't be whacked no more. I was told she could hold her own with some South African women who chase away cobras with sticks! Tony and Greg still remember and tell people that story. I owe my life to Sue, the snake smashing sister. Love you, Me-Kat

1 comment:

Camellia said...

what was the weapon? What kind of snake?