Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Vowell Voices

Swimming Pools

I remember going to the pool in Ruleville but the most memories are going to cleveland and staying at Aunt Marjorie and Uncle Charles and going to the pool in Cleveland.
Also I don't remember adults around the pool. So if I was there then the Seghers rule that you can't go in the water without an adult was overridden.
Also the rule I remember was the you can't go into the water until 1 hour has passed after eating. That hour always went by real slow.

I think we filled the pool up with cousins. It was like a private pool just for the vowell's.
By the way the pool in Ruleville if the area is still there it is a basketball court now.

1 comment:

Camellia said...

I agree with Manager 1. During integration, the public pools in small Mississippi towns were sold to private associations for the magnificent sum of $1.00. That happened in Ruleville and Drew. I don't know the status of the pool now...Nita's grandkids swam there. As kids, we swam at Delta State. But after the VFW built it's pool, it seemed just right. Small and chummy.