Monday, February 27, 2006

You Were There!

In the front bedroom at Granny Vowell's house, though what we were doing in there is anybody's good guess, since babies usually slept in that room. We were being really rowdy, and one boy throw an alphabet block at another's head and missed. It went right through that one big plane of glass. We were all shocked for one instant, and somebody said, "Hide!" and we all found some dark place to duck. The culprits were snagged, and made to sit in corners. I could hear one hissing to the other..."It's your fault. You threw the block. " The other one said, "You ducked!"

We all stayed in closets and under beds until the two were released...but who were the two?

Manager 1 (2-28-06) (am I keeping up good ed?)
Can not remember that time - BUT.
In more recent years:
At Imogene and Franklin's; Terrell, Heath, Josh, Elise, Melanie and one of Terrell's "wormy" friends were in Grandmother and Granddaddy's room talking sitting on the bed. (well, I think Josh was under the bed trying the hear what the others were saying) That means maybe Elise and Melanie were not there- HELP! I've lost it. Oh Heck I'll tell the story the way I want to. Everybody was in that room talking and playing.
The bed fell in. Aunt Donna, the ADULT, came in did not ask if everyone was okay, did not ask what happened. Just hollered "Everybody hide, quick!" Josh speaks up and says, "I can't, I'm under the bed". I sure hope he was able to hide!
Life carrys on!

Camellia...wormy friends as opposed to her bullet headed ones? I think the block throwing must have involved at least Gary or the good Ed. We probably would have let Ronald and Chuck swing for it themselves, they were so often miscreants.

No comments: