Saturday, February 25, 2006

Vowell Voices

TRAIN TRACKS

I never had the opportunity to climb on the tanks, but I think I've walked the train tracks over a hundred times down to visit Aunt Imogene at the bank and then to the Rexall to get a soda and snack. I still have the half a quarter I found on the track with Dad. I wonder if someone set it on the track to see if that would happen, but then couldn't find the pieces. I also remember finding so many railroad spikes that were supposed to be holding the ties down.

Manager 1:

Car story:

When we all went riding, we played this fun game called "Chinese Red Light". When you stopped at a red light everyone in the car jumps out and circles the car completely then all jump back in to be ready to go when the light turns green.

Car Story 2: Oh, Manager 1, I am so glad you were too young for 12:00 High...which could be played in car or boat...equally a bad idea. It was introduced to me by the Ruleville guys, and I am not sure it needs to be in print. It is something to not try at home, and professionals wouldn't even think about doing it. But if you want to know about it, ask your brothers.

Car (Boat) Story 3: From Manager 1 :
In a boat - it was called "bail out". I tried to do that last summer, but I couldn't find any takers - Plus the "tipping"boat goes real slow. It just isn't the same!

1 comment:

Camellia said...

Hey...I'm one of the ones who thought you almost got us killed. But with my memory???? I'll just switch it to remember you saved our lives. Thanks, belatedly..