Thursday, February 23, 2006

Vowell Voices

Vowell Voices
O.K. I cheated a little and had to google for a title. I remember the movie night Camelia is talking about. The movie starred Rock Hudson or somebody like that. After I thought about it, it was Gregory Peck. He was an army (?) psychiatrist and Eddie Albert was a really crazy officer back from war. When I looked the title up, I found the movie was Dr. Newman, MD.

Do you remember what we did when we started home? We had to call Aunt Nita's house, person-to-person for a "person" who didn't exist. Of course we prearranged this so that would be the signal for them to know we were starting home and know how long to allow before they started worrying.

I could never pass through Oak Grove on the trip to Mississippi (or back) without thinking about that night. And now every time I go through, I have to stop at that little fruit stand to get Louisiana navel oranges when they are in season.

No comments: