Monday, March 27, 2006

driving in cars

We are all lucky we made it through our teen driving years. No seat belts and cars full of cousins. I remember a game we used to play.
We would be driving down the road between cleveland and ruleville and drive into the ditch fast and turn the lights out to try to hide from cars following us.
We were pretty stupid then. Anybody want to bare their souls on driving cars? Also sitting in the back of pick up trucks. Its a wonder none of us were bounced out.

Camellia says: This must of been boy-stuff. I don't remember the ditch and lights out....though Scarlett and I did some lights out duck down alleys with Johnny and Joe in Hollandale. And Manager 1 and I have already mentioned Chinese Redlight (why Chinese?) when we stopped and everyone jumped out of the car and ran around it. But do you remember 12:00 high? Does anybody remember that but me? It was the most stupid car trick?

How could we have worn seat belts, that would have limited the number of kids we could put in one car. But who was with Uncle Franklin the night he took us on back roads, and it was cold and we were hiding under seed sacks?

is wasn't a cousin thing, but our mother wouldn't let us ride with anybody without a license. My friends could drive without a license, so I had to lie down on the floor until we got out of town...then we drove to Indianola, and I could sit on the seat and look.

Manager 1 remembers 12:00 high as: the driver flips into the back seat and the next on the front seat drives. How did the driver know when to flip?

Camellia said: I thought you didn't remember that. As I recall we were going about two miles an hour. The driver inched up on the top of the back of the front seat, and when he yelled Twelve O'Clock high, he flipped, and the passenger in the middle of the seat scooted over. How dumb can you get?******

No comments: