Monday, March 06, 2006

The Fireman's Club

Vowell Voices

Does anyone remember the night we stayed at the fireman's club when Marjorie and Charles stayed in Mr. Simpson's little house that was just to the left of the club We had put all the children to bed up stairs in the firemans club while the adults play cards in Mr Simpson's house. About 2 or 3 AM the front door opens and Lori comes in. We sent her right back up stairs all by herself and learned the next morning Lori was sleep walking. She did not even remember going downstairs. I am so proud she found her way back to bed rather going for a swim.
G-Maw


I only remember staying at the fireman's club one time. I don't know who all was there, other than Josh, Elizabeth and I, but I remember them telling me about all kinds of things that my mother had not shared with me yet. Including the Santa secret. I remember being shocked that they knew so much more than me. Thank y'all for having the couage to tell the sheltered preacher's daughter the ways of the world!!
~elise

No comments: