Monday, March 06, 2006

Vowell Voices

BAY ST LOUIS

Who remembers the house that was rented about a mile off the beach.
I think most of us first cousins and the families met down there one summer.
I remember swinging upside down in the tree in the front yard. But maybe this is because I have seen movies of this.
We slept on the porch i think? Does any of the older cousins have this memory?

The big question is if this house is still standing after Bay St Louis was demolished this past summer?

************

I don't know if this is the same house (think it is) but Eddie and Nell use to rent one every summer. Jack and I went down one week end before we had children and had a ball Eddie was such a wonderful host. Jack and I had matching swim suits (we were so cute) I was and still am afraid of the water. Charles tried to catch me and put me in the water until he realized I was really afraid, then he stepped back. I too think there are pictures of this. I know we have one picture of Eddie jumping into the arms of a man with a beer bottle in his hand.
Seems like Nell told us this house was demolished

G-Maw

Camellia says: We went one summer. Bay St. Louis had that same kind of magic Beulah had. We boiled crabs, and crabbed on the sea wall. The trees were loaded with Spanish moss. We jumped on car tops, or put smaller kids on top of cars to jump on car tops. It was at the end of july because Ed and Pat had a birthday. Ed had some home movies of people arriving there, I think. Who else remembers Bay St. Louis?*****

No comments: