Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Easter Confession

One Easter Sunday we dressed in all those clothes Manager 1 spoke of, loaded up the car and went to church on our way to Ruleville. Scarlett and Little Brother put their Easter baskets in the shade in the back seat. I wanted to put mine in the shade, but Mother said it would be fine where it was. When church was over we discovered Scarlett and Little Brother's Little Frankies were fine (those chocolate Easter Rabbits were called Little Frankies, and I love saying that)...mine had melted...all over my easter grass, all over my Easter candy. Out it all had to go. Mother told me not to be upset, Scarlett and Little Brother would share with me. Yeah. Marshmellow chickens. Creme Eggs. Yuk. I was a chocolate girl all the way. Okay. Here's the deal. Some of the other kids shared with me, too, but I STOLE all the Hershey's kisses I could get my mitts on. If you missed your Hershey's kisses one year, it was me. Deprived children do not make good citizens. And old habits die hard. So warn your kids to watch their baskets closely if they have hershey's kisses in their Easter basket.

No comments: