Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Games

I don't remember the radio game, but I would have NOT won. I am not musically inclined. I remember:
Chinese Checkers
Checkers (this was granddaddy's game and we wanted to play as well as he did)
Dominoes...oh, those were great. Lots of strategy, the men seemed to really love it, and before we actually learned how to play we could build those lines that we then knocked down)
pick-up sticks
jacks..Sandra was the best
ROOK the first card game the kids were invitied to join
gin rummy
pinochle when you played pinochle you really knew you were growing up
pounce, battle they could make you sick
oh, battle ship?
murder in the dark
piggy wants a signal
egg toss ...aka as chicken
crochet
badminton
stilts?
walking with cans?
pogo sticks
hoola hoops
ball in the front yard...nobody has really talked about that ditch

Scarlett adds
What about tops? Remember winding the string and throwing to make it spin? I tried it again recently for Tristan. And I can still do it sometimes.

And yo-yo's and the tricks we tried to do--walk the dog, around the world--what else?

2 comments:

Camellia said...

Yes'em...the New Orleans cousins were city cousins, and were ahead of us in all the trends. Now the ditch, yes'em again...when we weren't as good leapers, we put boards across it and walked the plank. Oh, to jump and have the one foot go in it. Ugh. And for yard ball...it was always a question of who would get the ball out of the ditch...the one who hit it, or the one who missed it.

Camellia said...

Well,I played crochet with Granny, but I mean croquet. I love croquet. I am looking for a set even as I type.