Monday, March 13, 2006

OAK TREES

Well granny's oak trees were always a game waiting to invent.
I remember trying to go all the way around the big ones on the bedroom side of the house. I won if I could go around without
touching the ground. Also this big tree was the reason I can't stand mushrooms. I used to kick the big mushrooms growing on the tree.
I don't know where I heard this but I was cursed by the mushroom witch to never eat mushrooms again. Camellia did you ever curse me for kicking the mushrooms?
Well then they all fell down. It must have been some kind of storm to take down all those big trees. The new game we played was how far around the house we could get walking on the tree trunks without touching the ground.


Camellia says: oooohhhh, I had forgotten about the mushrooms! Thanks for reminding me. No, I never cursed you, but I didn't know you were responsible for taking those trees down. H'mmmm. I'll have to rethink my stance on that. I only cursed you for three things: stealing my icing ball at Bay St. Louis, though it was your birthday, starting the gender wars, and flipping the checker board when you were losing, since you didn't lose a lot. Otherwise you were okay and pretty interesting. I loved walking those trees. Scarlett talked about it earlier. And what about the rope swing in the tree that didn't fall in the front side yard? *****

No comments: