Monday, March 20, 2006

A Question to JimSkinner and the Terrells

The monster lived in the canal by the Quiver River. It had green or red hair. I thought the Terrell boys told me you told them it lived there. they did not have much information about it at the time, but I felt there was a lot I wasn't being told. I do not think I was the only kid to go faster if I rode a bike past the canal. I didn't believe in the monster, but there was that shivery feeling and no sense taking chances. And it may have contributed to this insane notion in my later life, that a great hand could rise out of Beulah and snatch me under water if I sat on the pier at night by myself.

Also we had an ax murderer who live in our storeroom. Like Ronald I hated to lift up my arm to reach for a pull chain in the dark. And we had a witch who lived by our garbage can. I hated taking the garbage out at night. I found out later my mom had some similar small problem with either the storeroom or the garbage can at night. I guess life is more exciting if you have monsters hanging about. Not!

Can anyone tell me more about the canal or the monster?

No comments: