Sunday, March 26, 2006

Visiting Aunt Anna's

Ok I know I am spelling this wrong. But I never saw this name in writing just orally said to me. I remember driving into the yard and the guinee hens would start making noise. These were the watch dogs. Mom always would take us to visit whenever we went to Ruleville.
I remember being asleep one night and I am sure dad or mom carried me into the house and put me to bed. I woke up the next morning in a back room and did not know where I was. That was the day aunt anna brought me to the corn field and I remember it was twice as high as me. She had me stand at the end of a row and wave a flag. Then the crop duster used me to pull up at the end of the row. I think this is why my hair is turning white before my dads did which was never. Also I remember going to the corral. The fence was really tall and the cattle were pretty mean. You knew you did not want to fall in. Well I know I have butchered Aunt Anna's name can someone help.

1 comment:

Camellia said...

You spent the night at Anna's? We never did. We did visit. They lived outside Tchula, near Egypt. I believe Eli Jordan and Nancy Ola were living with Anna when Eli died. Granddaddy had been on the way to pick him up to come and live with them. Carlis came to live with Granny and Granddaddy...to become the oldest of siblings. Okay, I'm off track. We went to Anna's to get Christmas trees and pick muscadines (or maybe they were just in the woods when we were getting Christmas trees) and just to visit. Like our family, Holy loved to play cards. I remember that cattle thing. It was high. What was it for? I thought it had something to dip cattle, but why would you dip cows?