Sunday, March 05, 2006

Home Alone

Because You ask Camellia

We moved to Starkville about 6 weeks before Cindy was born. Dr Dorrough agreed to let me go only to get settled then come back to Rulevill for Cindy's was birth. During the 2 weeks I was in Starkville I met a wonderful person--Ruth Douglas. Ruth had two little girls and we became good friends right away. I was really ready to deliver Cindy and get back to my new home and new friend in Starkville. It wasn't long before Cindy arrived and after my long stay in the hospital (you had to stay a week) Marjorie and Charles loaded up Gayle, me and Cindy and took us to Starkville. Jack had taken the day off from work (probably one of the only days he ever took off. After Marjorie and Charles left, I put Cindy in bed. She slept a lot then also!!! Jack took a nap too. I needed to go to the drug store I put Gayle in the car since Cindy and Jack were asleep and we took off. I thought since I was out Jack and Cindy were asleep we would go back and see my friend Ruth only Ruth was not at home I had to come back to our house. As I got close to my front door I heard Cindy crying. Jack was no were to be found. I learned later that his friend had come by and wanted Jack to go fishing with him. Not being use to having a baby in the house (he may have thought Cindy was with me) but as he left the house, he slambed the door and it woke Cindy up. It couldn't have been more than 5 minutes since he left. Good thing Ruth was not at home or I may have stayed awhile Everytking turned our alright. No fights. etc.
Jack will probably say it ain't so but so help me it is
G-Maw

Camellia says: Oh, I thought it was the movies because you first told me this story Cindy was there. All at once she started crying and ran from the room. "I knew it," she was saying. "I just knew it. I just knew you and Gayle went out without me!"(I thought she said, went to the movies without me!" *******
Vowell Voices

No comments: